Saturday, March 21, 2009

That's My Boy

Project 365 - March 21

This boy is growing up fast.

I woke up this morning, looked at the clock and nearly fainted...it was 9:00. I haven't slept that late in years. I heard a slight noise in the livingroom, so I knew Jed was up, and I panicked, wondering how long he had been awake and what the condition of the house might be.

He met me gleefully as I came into the livingroom, eager to tell me he had gotten his own cereal, running into the diningroom ahead of me so he could pose with his handiwork.

He was so proud of himself. What was even more impressive to me was the restraint he exercised in not finishing the job...he didn't pour the milk because he didn't want to spill it.

That apple didn't fall far from his mother's tree. :)

PS - Jed bought this cup and bowl with the $2 bill Miss Debbie sent him for the "Where's George" adventure mentioned here. I think he did a good job choosing something to spend the money on (so the bill could be in circulation). At $1 each, he got a good deal on them, and a nice blend of form and function.

2 comments:

Newton said...

wow! I hope that you enjoyed your late morning. Jed is like a little grown up man with this sugary cereal all poured and ready!!

Grace to You said...

hehe...okay, I'm not taking any responsibility for the cereal, because I eat shredded wheat and grape nuts. That's actually his dad's cereal...no lie. :D