Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Woe is Me

Project 365 - December 14

I discovered a secret I'll share with you...buying Christmas tree lights for $1 a box after Christmas is way better than trying to pack them up and having to untangle them each year. I used to dread that chore for at least 6 months before each Christmas, but now for $5 or $6 my holidays are stress-free, and someone else gets free Christmas lights. It's a win-win situation.

Until this year.

In a fit of spiritual maturity and a desire to be a better wife, I bought *choke* colored *gag* lights last year at the after-Christmas sales. To say I detest colored lights is an understatement. However, my dear husband loves them, and it seemed only fair to try them out for his sake.

I have now come up with a new rule for our house: whoever is going to put the lights on the tree gets to choose the lights he/she is going to use.

I think our experiment with color with be short-lived. :)

One unexpected benefit was the colored patterns the lights cast on the first gift under the tree. Totally not worth the whole tree being full of colored lights, but I'm holding on to whatever I can to make it through this ghastly experiment-gone-bad.

Do I still get credit for trying to be a good wife? :)

2 comments:

Newton said...

you definitely get credit! Tyler and I prefer white lights on the tree. Which worked out great until we had Eli. The boys want colors. So we put a line of colored lights up along the ceiling in the dining room. Our tree is a beautiful white glow and our ceiling... well, doesn't get turned on much.

Grace to You said...

Hey, I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one! :D