Monday, December 07, 2009

Danger is His Middle Name

Project 365 - October 6

Brad has this crazy idea to give his (future) son the middle name Danger, so he can tell people Danger is his middle name.

I thought this was the funniest thing I had ever heard when he told me about a year ago, and I thought it was even funnier when I found a tshirt earlier this year with that very saying on it. It was even more perfect when I saw the tshirt beside it...the female version.

Brad and Jenn had just gotten engaged, and I bookmarked the site so I could purchase the shirts for them later as a wedding gift. Only my computer crashed in the summer and I lost all my bookmarks. Despite many hours of internet searching, I could not find the tshirts on any site. I was trying not to panic, but time was running short.

Then I had a crazy idea...maybe I could get them screenprinted. While searching for local screenprinters, I discovered the most amazing thing...there are websites where you can design your own custom tshirt and order even just one...and for just a few dollars more than you would pay for a non-custom shirt.

So I set to work feverishly, trying to recreate the perfect tshirts to the best of my memory, which, as my mom will tell you, is not too good. It was not working. I finally (and very reluctantly) decided to forget trying to duplicate someone else's work and create my own tshirt design.

And oh, am I glad I did - it was SO fun!

1 comment:

Newton said...

what a great mom you are!!