Tuesday, December 15, 2009

We Got Our Tree!!

Project 365 - December 12

I love cutting our own Christmas tree, especially here in Maine, in the snow.




Last year we had to wait a little longer for the snow, and we didn't end up getting our tree till just a few days before Christmas. I was thrilled to see the snow coming earlier this year.

I'm probably the only person in the state who says that. :)






















The owners of this farm are kind enough to have a warming shack on the premises, which consists of a wood stove with rocks heaped on top to keep in the warmth. It feels like a sauna in there, after the cold and wind. Saunas are good. :)






Big thanks to Jenny J of Missouri Trouble for the chullo hat I was wearing...I love it! For a better look at the design, click here.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

It's a beautiful tree! In fact, it looks just about perfect, bet it smells nice too. I'm jealous of all that snow (at least moderately so.) We're still waiting for a snowy day. And hey, you look great in your hat!