Monday, December 14, 2009

A Real Christmas Treat

Project 365 - December 5

Tracy and I were both sitting at our desks one evening after Jed had gone to bed, enjoying some peace and quiet and stillness.








That is, until the lovely peace and quiet were shattered by the sound of Tracy demanding in an incredulous voice, "Where is Manchester, Maine?"

Considering the fact that my husband is the smartest person I've ever known, this question was a bit perplexing...especially considering the fact that we live about 1 mile from Manchester.

I thought it was some kind of test. :)

When I learned the reason for his incredulity, I was pretty incredulous myself...Michael Card's website said he was performing in Manchester, Maine in a couple of weeks!

Michael Card is so huge in our minds that Tracy couldn't grasp the concept that he could possibly be playing in a little Maine town with a population of 2500. I couldn't either. I said it must be Manchester, NH, and the website just made a mistake.

However, when Tracy said the venue was the North Manchester Meeting House, I knew it was indeed Manchester, Maine...I've been to the meeting house, and even took a picture of it. When I showed the picture to Tracy, he laughed and said there must be some mistake. It looks like it might hold 100 people, if they were all fairly thin.

It holds 180 people, in fact, and they were all there that night to enjoy Michael's song-walk through the Scriptures, lingering just a bit at the incarnation, and finishing up with the glorious hope awaiting us in Christ.

We had some friends from Parkman join us, along with their four children. As if all this wasn't enough excitement, we got our first good snow during the concert!

I hope Michael enjoyed it as much as we did. :)





The two Jedidiahs

No comments: