Saturday, January 30, 2010

Another Completed Project




I've been wanting to make a Christmas album for a long time now.

Unfortunately, I've never lived anywhere long enough to establish a tradition of taking a picture in the same spot each year as my boys were/are growing up. I think that would be a wonderful way to see how they've grown and matured each year, but it is not to be in my family. However, that's no reason not to make something that my family will enjoy for years to come, regardless of the number of address changes.

I started with an album I bought for $2.99. Can't beat that! I love the kraft paper cover and pages, and the leaves on the cover and pages. I added the red jewels to make it a little more Christmasy.

Then I went through all my old photo albums of Brad and chose four pictures from each Christmas to use. I made copies of them with my Epson Stylus CX9400 - this is such an awesome printer, the copies actually look as good as the originals. After those were done I printed pictures of Jed's Christmases from my computer files.

Side note: aren't digital cameras and printer/copiers two of the greatest inventions of all time?!

The last part was to record the date, the child's age, and where we celebrated each year. I'll go back later and journal a bit about each Christmas, but this will do for now. I have enough pages remaining to get Jed up to age 20...I just hope I live to see it! :)



No comments: