Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Is it Summer Yet?

Project 365 - January 5

Mom and Dad left this morning. Jed and I sat down on the couch and cried a while. Nothing unusual about that.

What was unusual was I forgot to take our annual Christmas picture of them with Jed in front of our tree. I remembered it as Dad was pulling the car around for Mom, but it was snowing and I didn't think he'd want to get back out of the car and cross our icy driveway just to pose for a picture.

Men are funny that way.

So here's the next best thing...a picture of them I took last night at the new Texas Roadhouse in Augusta. There are so few restaurants here that we were willing to risk personal injury (peanut shells on the floor), permanent hearing loss (loud people and even louder music), and embarrassment (a dozen attractive young women assembled right beside our table doing their hip-shaking version of a Texas line dance), just to enjoy a night out.

I would gladly suffer all that and much more for a few of their yeast rolls. :)

We love you, Grandma and Grandpa, and we miss you already.

No comments: