Wednesday, April 29, 2009

King of the Mountain

Project 365 - April 29

Today was quite the day for Mr. Jed.

It started last night, actually, with the decision I made to start having more fun.

It started this morning with a bike ride down our street. There is a slight hill down near the end of the point, and Jed has been nervous about it. I've been holding onto the hood of his jacket to keep him from going too fast, but he navigated it quite well this morning by himself.

So when we got back to our end of the street, instead of walking back down again as we usually do, I got our adult bike out and I RODE IT with him. I haven't ridden a bike in probably 10 years. Boy, did it feel good. Except in the posterior portion.

After our bike ride, we packed a picnic lunch and headed to the beach. It was sunny and breezy today, around 60, and I read while Jed built a river and a dam. One of the benefits of the spring purging I've been doing lately is the discovery of all these great books I had been meaning to read. Most of them I've been passing along on PaperBack Swap, but I couldn't resist actually reading A Place Called Maine. It's a compilation of 24 stories from Maine authors, some natives and others "from away" like us.

I finally managed to drag Jed away from the sand long enough to do some schoolwork before heading off to his first swim lesson as a Ray. We pass a certain playground on the way home from the Y, and it was such a beautiful day, we were reluctant to let it end. We stopped for an hour of running around, sliding, and climbing on rocks.

I was going to take him for another bike ride after supper, but I don't think he's going to last. :) Thank goodness! lol I think I need a lesson in spreading the joy out a bit. But we did have fun!

No comments: