Wednesday, April 01, 2009

April Fool's

Project 365 - April 1

I did something today I never do. Honest.

We were out this afternoon and stopped at Dunkin' Donuts to get some hot chocolate. That's not completely unheard of in our family. It is a little more unusual that I let him talk me into getting a donut.

This is the thing I never do (honest, Mom!): although it was almost supper time when we got home, in a moment of weakness I let Jed eat the donut, after promising him that if he didn't eat his entire supper there would be no more treats in his foreseeable future.

The boy was truly in love with this donut. I couldn't resist such passion.

We spent the next little while getting some April Fool's jokes ready for his daddy, then eagerly awaited Tracy's arrival. We tricked him into thinking Jed had run away, there was a real bear in the refrigerator, and various other pranks until Jed's bag of tricks was exhausted. While we were eating dinner (which Jed finished, btw), he started ad-libbing to prolong the fun, telling obvious whoppers, all of which his daddy denied believing.

Then there was this bombshell: "I ate a donut for dinner."

Tracy thought it was just another April Fool's joke. It's a good thing he doesn't read blogs. :)

2 comments:

Newton said...

kids are always tattling on us aren't they? I told Tyler that the boys were always giving away my secrets, but he didn't believe me until this Monday when I called him to tell him that I knew that he drank soda (and spilled it) on Sunday when I was gone (good honest kids).

Grace to You said...

LOL - I love it! :)