Saturday, April 11, 2009

Argh

Project 365 - April 3

My computer picked up a virus a couple of months ago. Although it was supposedly fixed, it still wasn't behaving quite right. Last week was no exception, but when my internet starting shutting down every few minutes on Thursday, I knew something was terribly wrong. By Friday afternoon I was ready to pitch it out the window, so I did the next best thing...I cut it off and walked away.

It's been a great week. :)

The first thing I did sans internet was make some cards. I haven't done much cardmaking (aside from Christmas cards) in over a year, and I had forgotten how much fun it is.

This card was made for a friend who is struggling with a chronic issue in her life. During a recent conversation she said to me, "it is what it is," and I remembered that I had that saying cut out from a picture of a plaque in a catalog. The fun thing about this card is the top portion lifts off to become a refrigerator magnet. I used button magnets from Basic Grey that are 1/16" thick...pretty cool. And skinny. Just like me. ha

No comments: