Thursday, February 05, 2009

A New Year, A New Project

Project 365 - January 1

ScrappyGurl started Project 365 this year, which involves taking a photograph each day and journaling. What a treasure that scrapbook will be in years to come!...snapshots and details of a year in the life of her family.

She agreed to post them on her blog so I could keep up with her life from a distance, and I decided to return the favor. Not that it's much of a bargain for her, seeing as how she is married to a rock star and has rock star kids, but one thing I have that she doesn't have is three feet of snow on the ground outside my windows! :) If there's nothing else interesting to photograph some days, I'll let her, and you, have a peek at the seasons in Maine...winter, mud, 4th of July and fall.

Since I'm a little late getting started, I'm going to post pics from as many days in January as I have. This first one is the motley crew that is my family, assembled for our annual New Year's Day meal, a true Southern delicacy....ham, for plenty...turnip greens, for prosperity...black-eyed peas for good luck...and cornbread and stewed tomatoes, just because they're good. So far, it all seems to be working. :)

2 comments:

Monkey Mom said...

Is that your Ma and Pa?

Grace to You said...

Yes, better known as Granma and Granpa. :)