Tuesday, February 17, 2009

An Art Day

Project 365 - February 17

I made a foray into the world of jewelry making today, and I think I'm going to enjoy it.

One of my nieces that visited recently loves art like I do and she got so excited when I showed her a picture of a bracelet my artist friend Debbie made. It's based on Edgar Allen Poe, and unbeknownst to me, my niece is a huge Poe fan also, so I'm going to try to make a bracelet for her like Debbie's.

One of the things I love about art is the freedom and pure joy I experience, both in the process and with the end result. It's one of the few areas of my life where I am happy with pretty much any effort, sometimes even when I know it didn't turn out particularly well.

But hopefully this bracelet won't be one of those times. :)

No comments: