Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Nightly Ritual

Project 365 - February 25

If you grew up in the 60s and 70s like I did, you probably remember those blue Bible story books that were in the waiting rooms of your doctors' offices. I couldn't believe it when Tracy told me his family had actually owned a set of them when he was growing up! That's right up there with owning an Easy Bake oven; which, incidentally, I never did, an oversight for which I still harbor no small amount of bitterness. :)

Last year Tracy found a set on ebay and has been reading them to Jedidiah every night since. It's amazing how much Jed has learned from these books. It's a series of ten, and they go into quite a bit of depth for the stories they cover. He has a good foundation for an overview of the Bible, I think, and for the good news that Christ came to seek and to save that which was lost (Luke 19:10).

Jedidiah means beloved of the LORD. We pray he will love the LORD in return, with all his heart, soul, mind, and strength.

No comments: