Thursday, February 05, 2009

Testosterone Alert

Project 365 - February 5

My husband has been wishing for a man cave for a while, so I gave him one for Christmas.

I hung a very masculine metal curtain rod inside this doorway which leads to a little sunroom that is our office, then I strung curtain rod clips on it. The curtain hangs by the clips, and the loops which are strung through the rod slide easily. (Since my desk is in the office too I wanted easy access into the man cave. Sort of defeats the purpose, doesn't it? ha)

I found a man cave stencil on ebay and painted the insulated curtain with Lumiere's fabric paint, which are the yummiest paints you can imagine...every one of them is either metallic or pearlescent and they are gorgeous. I used metallic bronze for this, which is one of my favorites, along with metallic olive.

I like the idea of a man cave. Afer all, everyone needs some time alone once in a while. I've been planning my time alone for several years now and I'm sure it will be great when it finally comes. lol

No comments: