Friday, February 20, 2009

Our Birch Bark Canoe

Project 365 - February 20

I got this cute little canoe before Christmas from The Lakeside Collection. Correction: it's not so little. I thought it would be about the size of a tree ornament. It's the first time I've ever been surprised to find a product BIGGER than I expected. :)

So what do you do with a huge canoe full of fat snowmen? Write your names on their oars, of course! I stained them first, then used stickers to spell our names and finished it off with Diamond Glaze, an adhesive that leaves a glass-like finish similar to the varnish you would find on oars.

We had an interesting conversation about which snowman represented each of us. We agreed pretty quickly that the snowman in the back looked more like a man, with his black stove pipe hat and bowtie. That left Jed and me up front. How Jed got to be first in the canoe is still a mystery to me. Tracy says it's because the front end goes down first. lol

No comments: