Friday, February 06, 2009

The Newest Members of the Family

Project 365 - February 6

Grandma and Grandpa got this aquarium for Jed last Christmas. We were so excited, and I lost no time in getting it set up, only I couldn't get the water chemistry right. I fooled with it for months...there's no telling how many times I broke it down completely and started over. Finally the levels were close enough to right to try it out...that seemed like a good idea until we lost three consecutive sets of tetras.

So the manager of the fish department at our local Petco gave up on the tetras and suggested that we try these guys. I don't even know what they are...truthfully, I've paid them very little attention, as it has been more traumatic than I would have thought to lose so many fish recently, and I didn't want to get attached. However, they've managed to live for a couple of months now so it looks like it's about time to make them official members of the family and give them names.

Suggestions would be appreciated. :)

7 comments:

Monkey Mom said...

How many of them are ther?

Grace to You said...

Just the two little ones seen in the picture...it's just a five gallon tank and you're only supposed to have 1 inch of fish per gallon of water. I think we have room for one more maybe.

Monkey Mom said...

Flotsam and Jetsam. After the two electric eels in "The Little Mermaid".

Grace to You said...

I'm embarrassed to say I've never seen The Little Mermaid - no little girls around to watch it with. Not sure Jed would appreciate it, but maybe I'll try...I think he would like the crab. :)

Monkey Mom said...

Sebastion is funny. It's a great movie. One of my favorites. Does this mean he has never seen "Snow White" , "Sleeping Beauty" or "Cinderella"? They all have princesses too.

Grace to You said...

Actually, he has seen all those movies, and loves them, especially Sleeping Beauty. It's kind of dark, you know. :)

Monkey Mom said...

Well then, he DEFINITELY needs to see "The Little Mermaid". I really like this movie. One of my all time favorites.