Saturday, January 25, 2020

January 25, 2020 - Part 2

From Brad and Jenn's house, 
Jed and I drove to Clover, South Carolina to meet Rhonda and her husband at McGill's Store.
Her husband headed home with Jed in tow, 
and Rhonda and I commenced another pleasant afternoon of beauty and photography.

McGill's Store was opened in 1888 and after 132 years in business, 
they are closing their doors for good next weekend.  
Rhonda loves old buildings, and I think old stores in particular, 
and she wanted a chance to photograph this one before it was gone.  
The rumor is the store's future life will consist of an events venue.  
Change is inevitable; being flexible is helpful.



The store includes a diner and this verse and reminder were inscribed on the entrance to the kitchen.  

There was an old pot-bellied stove in the store, and I can easily imagine old men sitting around it, drinking coffee, telling stories, and playing checkers.

I know you must hate this by now, but I'm not bored with it yet.  :)
Foreground in focus...

...background in focus.

Foreground in focus....

...background in focus.

No comments: