Thursday, January 16, 2020

January 16, 2020

I love enjoying Christmas decorations way past the time decent people have moved on. :)
However, this year might be an exception...at least for the tree.
I had this brilliant idea a couple of years ago that if I couldn't have a real tree,
at least I would save myself a bunch of time each year by storing the Christmas tree with the lights on it.
So I spent hours and hours wrapping strings of lights around each and every branch, 
and it was spectacular.
For the most part you can't see the wires, and I have way more lights than I would if I had to do this every year.
It worked great for two Christmases, then we moved last summer.
I can't figure out if something got damaged in the move, or if the wiring in this house is just funky,
(I'm leaning towards the latter because lots of weird electrical things have happened in this house)
but this is what we've lived with most of the time this Christmas...a third of the strings not working.
It does not bring me much joy to see this, and it certainly does not bring me much peace.
What it does bring is elevated blood pressure.  :)

No comments: