Friday, January 24, 2020

January 24, 2020

The third lighted building we bought was originally a post office,
but it was the closest thing to a castle I could find.
In 2013 we visited Quebec City and stayed at Le Château Frontenac,
which looks like this:

Obviously I didn't take this picture.  :)

I thought the post office building favored the castle with the different levels of roofs
and the tall center tower.
 It's not really a castle, it's just a railway hotel built in 1892.
But I'm pretty sure it's the closest I'll ever come to a castle.  :)

I created a new sign for the post office building with the hotel's name on it.

 I was pretty happy with how that turned out.
click on image to enlarge it for detail

 This sign on the side of the building seemed to fit well with the hotel as well,
since Quebec is considered French and 
most of the cities listed here are European.
This is probably my favorite building in our little village...
it brings back pleasant memories of a lovely place.


No comments: