Sunday, February 09, 2020

February 9, 2020

I took my granddaughter home this afternoon and visited with the other grandbabies for a while,
and talked with their tired mama.
I had wanted a large family,
but I honestly don't know how anyone does it.
I need to pray for her more.

On the way back home, I was shocked to come to a tiny break in the endless trees that make up North Carolina 
and see the hugest, orangest moon I've ever seen in my life, 
hovering just above the horizon.
It was astounding.
I got off the highway as quickly as I could and got to a spot where I could take a picture,
but all I had with me was my cell phone,
so this was the best I could do.

When I got home I grabbed my camera and headed down the street to a clear area.
The moon was higher in the sky, and it had lost its orange color, 
but it was still  huge and there were still clouds lit up with colors surrounding the moon.

After taking several pictures in normal mode,
I switched the setting on my camera to night photos.
It was surprising what a difference it made...
the aura around the moon doesn't look as interesting,
but it was nice to see the face of the moon better.
It's going to take a lot of playing around to figure out what the different settings do.
And that's just in auto focus...
I can't even wrap my head around manual yet.
 click to enlarge the pictures

No comments: