Tuesday, February 18, 2020

February 18, 2020

My lovely friend from Malaysia, Lin, sent me a surprise package!
This beautiful card was nestled on top.
She is a gifted card maker, among many other talents.

Lin is a master quiller and makes stunning cards with the most intricate patterns I've ever seen.
You should check out her blog to see her work:
https://azlina-lin.blogspot.com
She sells quilling kits to help newbies get started, and posts video tutorials for instructions.
She thinks I can master this skill...I'm dubious but I'm going to give it my best shot.
I'll post my results here if they're not too embarrassing.  :)
Thank you so much, Lin - I'm so grateful for you!

She also very kindly included a gift for Jed - 
she has been weaving recently and wove this beautiful, masculine scarf.
Jed does not have as much panache as this scarf does, but he'll try to do it justice.  :)

I love the flecks of color in the fiber!
Thank you, my sweet friend!

No comments: