Saturday, February 01, 2020

February 1, 2020

That was some blizzard yesterday.
It's a good thing we stocked up on bread and milk like good Southerners
so we could weather that storm.
(just kidding - 
I wouldn't be caught dead in a grocery store before a "snowstorm" in the South,
even if I was feeling great)

While I was taking the above picture, I noticed how striking the waning sunset was...
a couple of clouds outlined in brilliant light,
which my camera (or my poor skills) managed to completely miss.

One of the purposes of Project 365 is to get you to use your camera more, 
to develop your skills and your eye for composition.
I've been pretty lazy with it thus far, 
because I figured just getting used to the discipline of taking pictures every day 
is enough of an accomplishment for now.
However, I'm going to try to start putting more effort into learning...
and the first order of business is learning how to adjust for lighting
so I don't miss another sunset.

I was delighted to find, though, that I had accidentally caught a background in focus....

and a foreground in focus.  :)
Or vice-versa -
I can't actually tell.  :D
But isn't that little pine bough cute??
click on the pic to enlarge it if you really want to see the pine bough

I just realized something...
I suppose the reason I couldn't get a good shot of the lined clouds,
which are zoomed in on in the background/foreground pics above,
is because the camera was focusing on the trees.
They're probably too thick to get through to the long-range subject of the clouds.
Okay, that makes me feel a little better. :)

No comments: