Wednesday, February 12, 2020

February 12, 2020

I had lived in North Carolina for nearly 20 years when Tracy and I married
and I joined him in Missouri in December 2002.
I remember struggling with the weather that first winter in Missouri...
it was awfully gray and cloudy most of the time.
I even called a local weatherman and asked him if this was normal, 
and when he didn't seem to understand what I meant, 
I took that as an affirmative answer to my question.
Although I can't say I really remember, 
North Carolina winters must not have been gray and cloudy typically 
because it wouldn't have been a struggle for me in Missouri if I was used to it. 
This has been a Missouri winter in North Carolina.
I am not wishing for summer heat in any way, shape or form, 
but I sure would love to see some sunshine.
Which is funny, because it almost never rained in Colorado
and I missed rainy days so much.
It must be as hard for nature to maintain a healthy balance
as it is for me.  :)


No comments: