Saturday, February 29, 2020

February 29, 2020

I've been on a potato soup kick for a while now.
Today I finished the last of the third pot I've made since Christmas...
...not exactly helpful for a low-carb diet.
As much as it grieves me to think that spring is just around the corner,
(because that means summer is just around the corner, and summer basically slays me)
at least it will bring to an end the soup and hot bread and heavy stew and cream sauce season.
I'm actually looking forward to lighter fare.
(And I'm trying desperately to remind myself of good things about warmer weather.)  :)

I played around with the camera's settings a bit this afternoon.
The first picture uses the flash, this one doesn't.
It's strange how much detail the flash washes out.
See that little shrimp poking up on the left side towards the back?  :)
My mom's potato soup recipe is the best!

This shot was taken with the setting I've been using for the sunsets recently.
At first I thought the distortion might be because of how close I was to the subject,
but now I'm thinking those gorgeous colors I've been capturing might not be exactly right.
Rats! 

Happy Leap Year Day to you all!

No comments: