Monday, August 17, 2009

Chills and Thrills

Project 365 - July 28

Tracy decided to try replacing my computer with a Mac and found a good deal on them at Best Buy.

It was disappointing to find out the store in Augusta didn't have one in stock, but it turned out okay as we got to explore Bangor after picking up a Mac from the Best Buy there.

For those who don't already know, Bangor is the home of Stephen King. It was easy to get directions to his house; I imagine every one of the residents there has had to tell someone where he lives at one time or another.

The amazing thing is that his house, while nice, is nothing over-the-top like you would expect a multi-millionaire to have. The most amazing thing is that it's right on the street...the gate to the driveway was open and we could have driven right up and knocked on the door.

I wanted to but Tracy wouldn't let me. :)

The only thing that gave away the secret of its famous owner was the gate to the front walk.



How cool is that???

5 comments:

Monkey Mom said...

I LOVE IT! Thanks for thinking of me!

Jenny said...

Welcome back, Sandi! I've missed your photos and adventures in Maine. Long live your new Mac!

Grace to You said...

To Monkey Mom:

What else would I do? :D

Grace to You said...

To Jenny:

Thanks...it's nice to be missed!

I'm afraid the Mac didn't make the cut...the computer repair person living in this house didn't love it like I did. We took it back and bought the laptop, which I think will be nice once I get used to it.

Jenny said...

Oops! Well, long live the laptop then! I'm a Mac person at home but got a PC laptop for work. I don't like it as much as the Mac but have come to accept it because it is so portable and runs my weaving software much better than the Mac.