Thursday, August 20, 2009

Artwork NFS

Project 365 - August 20

I've run out of pics from my recent downtime, so I'm starting afresh with the daily pictures.

Jed had a fever today so we stayed home. It was cooler and less humid, and I took advantage of these serendipitous circumstances to do some long-overdue cooking.

One of the less-desirable side affects of cooking is the pile of dishes to be washed afterwards. However, I take what could be drudgery and turn it into a personal challenge to see how many pots, pans, baking dishes, bowls, utensils and other sundry kitchen accoutrements I can pile up in my dish rack successfully.

I consider these creations works of art in the mediums of metal, plastic and glass, as well as testaments to the science of physics. :)

4 comments:

Monkey Mom said...

OMGosh, I love it! The balance speaks to my heart! Good Job!

Jenny said...

I love the sculptural quality of the stacked dishes - but what did you cook?

Grace to You said...

Hmmmm...what did I cook? The long overdue part was 4 blackberry cobblers (I've had the blackberries for several days, picked from my own backyard!) and swiss chard (someone gave us a huge bag of it from their garden).

I also baked some chicken breasts, made chicken salad, cooked baby red potatoes and Chinese green beans, and experimented with crescent rolls and doctored-up lemon pudding to try to make lemon filled donuts, which Tracy has been craving. My experiments don't usually go well, but I used a turkey baster to squirt the pudding into the hollowed-out crescent rolls and although it was labor-intensive, they turned out nicely (and good).

The stack of dishes in the picture was the fourth load of the day. :)

Jenny said...

Wow, sounds delish! And great use of your turkey baster! : }