Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Budding Thespians

Project 365 - August 14

We met Lori and Elijah at the Shakespeare Theatre in Monmouth for an afternoon matinee.

What luxury! And I'm not just talking about the theatre, although it is indeed luxurious.

The performance was The Wind in the Willows; Lori and I have been reading the book to the boys in preparation. I took a lot of time discussing each chapter with Jed because the English was a bit formal and there were many words and concepts which were new to him.

I wondered how much he was comprehending, and I looked forward to the play bringing the story to life for him.

I need not have worried...for days afterward, Jed was obsessed with all the things in the play that were not consistent with the book.

A critic is born. :)



No comments: