Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Highlight of the Kayaking Adventure

Project 365 - August 4

It was bound to happen.







I've been wondering for a while which of us was going to be the first to take a spill.

I just hate I missed the whole thing. :)

Jed and I were headed for shore when we heard screaming...okay, hollering...and turned around to find Tracy thrashing about...okay, dog paddling around...his overturned kayak.

He still maintains he has no idea how it happened...the kayak started leaning in one direction so he started leaning in the other to balance it out, only it kept leaning in the aforementioned direction and almost before Tracy knew what was happening, it became apparent there was nothing he could do but bail.

I can't believe I missed the whole thing! :D

The next thing we knew, a speedboat was headed for us, manned by a couple of gentlemen who heard us (probably mostly me) laughing (my, how sound travels across water!), assessed the situation and came out to see if they could offer any assistance.

Tracy humbly and gratefully steered the kayak towards their boat and climbed aboard so he could get back in the kayak from an upright position. It was a good idea but the execution suffered substantially on the first attempt. The second attempt was successful and we headed towards the shore.

One of us was a bit damp and the other was laughing so hard she could hardly see to paddle.

The moral of this story: "Pride
goeth before...a fall." Proverbs 16:18 :D



No comments: