Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Project 365/46

















We had a Jesse Tree this year for the first time, and Jed and I both loved it. So much so, in fact, that I've been looking for real ornaments to replace the paper ones we used. I've run into some trouble, though, with the star.

I found a metal 8 pt origami star on Amazon that was the right shape, and inexpensive, and available for free economy shipping. Perfect, right? Not exactly. The day it arrived I opened the package to find...a 12 pt origami star. While beautiful, it wasn't what I wanted or ordered, so I contacted Amazon. They said I could keep the 12 pt star, and offered me a refund as well as one day shipping on a reorder. I took them up on their offer, and the day #2 arrived I opened the package to find...a 12 pt origami star. I contacted Amazon, they said I could keep the 12 pt star, and offered me a refund as well as one day shipping on a reorder. I took them up on their offer, and the day #3 arrived I opened the package to find...a 12 pt origami star.

I wrote Amazon and asked them how many 12 pt origami stars they intended to ship me (overnight, no less) for free before they decided to send me the 8 pt origami star ornament I ordered. I haven't heard from them yet.

Anybody want a 12 pt origami star? Maybe I'll do a blog giveaway if you're interested. :)

2 comments:

Newton said...

hey, who can complain about a free star??

Grace to You said...

I just ordered #4. What is the statistical probability that I'll get the right star this time? :)