Sunday, February 12, 2012

Project 365/43





















One of my favorite memories is attending a Valentine card-making class with my friend Carmen many years ago. She was so much fun, she made everything we did together fun. Her merry spirit alone was enough to make the class a delight, but we discovered a treasure that day - the joy of making something beautiful - and we were both amazed.

We each made four cards, and I happily gave all mine away that Valentine's Day. It wasn't until later that I wished I had kept at least one, particularly the one that had a little frame in the center with confetti in it. I was enchanted with that little creation.

Fast forward several years, and another favorite memory was made - the Valentine's Day my dear friend Carmen gave me that card, the one with the confetti, the one she had made. She had kept all her cards because she loved them, but she knew that one was my favorite and she loved me more.

Thank you, Carmen. I miss you.

No comments: