Wednesday, August 12, 2020

August 12, 2020

Jed and I visited my parents last week.  
It was the first time we've seen them since this pandemic started.  
If I had known at the beginning what I know now, we would have visited them then, 
since it was less likely we would encounter the virus at the beginning than it is now.
On the other hand, if things continue this way, it is safer for us to see them now than it will be later...
so we went.  
One of the things Mom and I did together was go through the cabinet over their refrigerator, 
which is difficult for them to access.  
That's where Mom has always stored their china and glassware.  
We were looking for glasses but I found this lovely dessert set and asked her about it...
I don't remember ever seeing it before. 
It is from a family member but she doesn't remember who, or even which side of the family...
hers or dad's...
but she graciously let me take it home to enjoy.  
I'm not usually attracted to fancy things like china, but I'm excited about this set.  
If you're in the area, stop by for a piece of pie!  :)

No comments: