Thursday, October 28, 2010

Signs of Fall


Missouri Trouble is one of my favorite blogs, written by my spinning, weaving, knitting, gardening and letterboxing friend Jenny. In addition to her artistic talents, she is a gifted storyteller with an ability to spin a magical yarn.

She had one such post recently that included a fascinating photograph of spiderwebs down by her pond (click here to see). I am enchanted by the picture and the story Jenny wove around it. I'm also grateful, because I'm sure it heightened my awareness and appreciation when I discovered my very own spiderweb yesterday, glistening with raindrops in my kitchen window. I'm not sure I would have even noticed it before reading her post.







While I had my camera out, I took a couple of other pictures that highlight the changing season in our neck of the woods. This is the scene in my favorite corner of our backyard.






And these are my favorite plants ever - Japanese lanterns. I have a huge bunch of them in a metal container in the living room and have enjoyed them every single day. I harvested the seeds from a few dozen of them that didn't make it into the arrangement, and I'm looking forward to growing my own next year.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Thank you for the wonderful comments, Sandi, but you're way too generous in your compliments.

I love your delicate spider web shot and also those stunning Japanese lanterns. I didn't realize they turned so red. Now I've added a new plant to my "must grow" list for next year!