Saturday, October 16, 2010

Happy Birthday Jed





It's surprising how much my sons' birthdays mean to me. I can't help but think back to the days they were born, remembering the details and relishing the feelings of those incredible hours.









We celebrated Jed's 7th birthday today with a little family bowling trip, and were delighted to find the local bowling alley has duck pins! (called candlepins here).









Unfortunately, the smaller balls didn't do much to improve Jed's scores. :) There's just no substitute for the bumpers in modern-day bowling alleys. :)









However, I will humble myself enough to admit that Jed actually beat me in the second game.

It's a sad day, sad day. For me at least. Jed was pretty happy. :)







After bowling, we wandered to the arcade section and discovered, much to Tracy's delight, a couple of vintage pinball machines. Having been something of a pinball wizard in his day, he took the opportunity to pass on a few more of his skills to his progeny. Unfortunately, it was hard to get Jed off the life-sized motorcycle beside the pinball game we were playing...who knew he was so interested in motorcycles??





For some inexplicable reason, what Jed really wanted to play was pool. For some even more inexplicable reason, he was convinced he was something of a pool shark, despite the fact that he had never held a cue stick in his life.

Yup, the boy's growing up in the normal way of manhood, I'd say. :)

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Seven years old already? That's amazing! Happy Birthday, Jed! Have a fun-filled year of discoveries and adventures!

Newton said...

Jed has played pool at my house ;) Hence, The Shark!!
Happy Birthday Jed!