Monday, October 25, 2010

It Takes An Office


We made the annual trek to Waterville recently for my medical check-up. As usual, Jed sat on the floor outside the exam room while I was with the doctor. Not an ideal situation, but these are the things you do when you don't have family around. And it's good training for Jed, I think, in sitting still, being quiet, and being comfortable in unusual surroundings.

What my doctor and I didn't know, though, was that the entire office had congregated around Jed while we were in the exam room, oohing and aahing over his Think-it-Through tiles from Discovery Toys. The picture only shows 2 of them, but the rest were there, outside camera range.

Who knew a child's toy (albiet an ingenious one) would be enough to entertain an entire medical staff? :)



In their defense, it really is an exceptional toy. And considering I picked ours up at a garage sale for just a couple of dollars, I'd say we've gotten our money's worth and then some.

No comments: