Monday, October 18, 2010

Fair Days




I've never lived in a town with its own fairgrounds before!

Apparently Union is the go-to place around here. :)











Ferris wheels have never been my favorite rides...too high off the ground. The only thing that enticed me to get on this one was the beautiful colors of the cars.










And a certain little snaggle-toothed boy. :)












But the view was totally worth it.










The Flying Wallendas were incredible.

It's been a long time since I've seen a tightrope act, and this one literally had me on the edge of my seat.









The older gentlemen is the fifth generation of circus performers in his family, and the others are his children. His 8 year old granddaughter is beginning to train with them, the 7th generation.







It seems like a hard life, but it must be a good one for them.
















Jed's favorite performer, also part of the Wallenda family.

Maybe he's afraid of heights? :)

No comments: