Thursday, February 04, 2010

Good Old Golden Rule Days


Jed is the proud owner of his first notebook.

I have to say, I'm pretty proud myself.



Even Tracy is impressed with the magnitude of this milestone.

He asked me tonight if I remembered how exciting it was to get new school supplies every fall. Yes, indeed, I do...and I feel that same excitement for Jed now.

The Teacher's Guide in our Five in a Row curriculum (which I am loving!) suggested the student use a five-subject notebook. I was a little hesitant at first, thinking Jed was too young for that, but he loves it (admittedly, mostly because of the rainbow dividers...but heck, I love them too!) and I now see that it will be a good opportunity to preserve some of what he learns each week, as well as a fun introduction to record-keeping and organizing things by subject matter...two things very dear to my heart. :)

1 comment:

Debbie said...

What fun! I always LOVED getting a new notebook and all the school supplies & I'm sure Jed adores this wonderfully colorful one. Great to get him started organzing now...good job!