Monday, December 28, 2020

December 28, 2020

We had quite the surprise today!
A friend of Jed's from Colorado was vacationing on the Outer Banks for Christmas,
and she stopped by our house on their way back home.
I had no idea they were in the state,
she had the bear's head on when I opened the door,
her dad was talking from the van into a speaker in the costume,
and I am apparently an inherently suspicious person,
so I didn't know what to make of this.
I finally understood they were requesting Jed's presence on the porch,
so I ran to get him out of bed.
I'd be embarrassed to tell you what time it was,
but it was actually early for him to be getting up while on break.  :)
She did a dance for Jed while her dad chattered away on the speaker...
it was hilarious.
 Being the dufus I am, I thought I was recording this whole thing
while in fact I had only taken this photo.
Thankfully her dad recorded the entire thing from the van, 
with much better audio than we were hearing from the house,
and we laughed our heads off when we watched it later.
Jed thinks an awful lot of this young lady,
and I think an awful lot of her whole family for doing this.

No comments: