Saturday, December 19, 2020

December 19, 2020

The ladies in my neighborhood get together for a Christmas party every year,
but this year they decided to forgo the party and celebrate with Secret Santas instead.
We used a website to draw names and I drew the name of a woman I haven't met yet.
The only advice I was offered was she likes cats and she's British.
The mail is running so behind right now I didn't think I had time to order something for her cats - 
catnip from Dr. Pussum's in Maine is a big hit! - 
so I decided to concentrate on her nationality.
My favorite part of my ancestry is Scottish - 
we're from the Buchanan clan - 
and I decided to share a bit of Scotland with my neighbor.
I hope she has a sense of humor!  :)

That book is How the Scots Invented the Modern World.  :)
 

No comments: