Friday, December 18, 2020

December 18, 2020

The sunset was breathtaking tonight.  
This is a very poor representation of the brilliance.

You may remember that several years ago I had the brilliant idea 
to spend days wrapping every branch of our tree with lights.
I thought it was brilliant because I could store the tree with the lights on it.
I can't tell you how excited I was at the thought of getting the tree out the next year and just plugging it in!
That worked exactly one year.
Then last year, perhaps because of the cross-country move,
at least 1/4 and more like 1/3 (at times) of the light strands weren't working.
Our next-door neighbor gave us a gun that zaps lights back on,
and it would work temporarily, but never permanently.
I finally gave up and tried not to mind.
This year I did the heartbreaking work of unwrapping every single branch
and throwing out 9 of 11 strands of lights.
It took forever, and the tree lost half its needles in the process,
and the new lights look awful because I just draped them across the branches,
but I finished it tonight and it was worth it!
Especially if I keep the room dark.  :)
 

No comments: