Friday, October 02, 2020

October 2, 2020

I left early this morning for a grocery store run.  
It was our third sunny day in a row, 
and the thin wispy clouds along the horizon were a welcome sight.

As I rounded a corner on the road, 
I was astounded to see a brilliant full moon hanging low on the horizon.  

It was just as clear as if it was night...I could see the gray spots just as clearly.  
Unfortunately, my camera phone couldn't.  
Still, I'm awful glad I had it with me.

This was taken in the grocery store parking lot at 7:00 am...
I was happy to get a little bit of fall color in with the full moon.  
By the time I came back out to the parking lot at 7:45, the moon had disappeared from view.  
I came home and googled the full moon dates from now till the end of next year, 
and noted them on my calendar so I don't miss another one.
 

No comments: