Friday, May 26, 2017

May 25, 2017 - Part 2

The sky grew dark this evening
and then I happened to catch a glimpse of South Table Mountain from my window
and saw the sun shining brightly on the mountain
with the dark sky glowering in the background.  
I grabbed my camera and went upstairs to the balcony in the front of the house
and was shocked to find this rainbow!

After taking a few pictures
I ran to the back of the house
where there is another balcony
to see the other end of the rainbow
and was even more shocked to see how bright it was back there.
With a slight double rainbow too.

The interesting thing about this picture is
it was taken just moments after the picture above was taken
but apparently the sun had shifted in some way - 
look at the difference in the brightness of the tree and the house!

No comments: