Wednesday, April 26, 2017

April 26, 2017

A while back I bought a cookbook called Inspiralized,
and I did something my mom used to do but was new to me -
I sat down and read it like a book.
I'm so glad I did!
The author told her personal story and it was very inspiring.
Then I read every single recipe and bookmarked all the ones I wanted to try - 
and there were quite a few.
Then I bought an Inspiralizer from Amazon.
I'm trying to declutter and also trying to stick to a strict budget, 
so I didn't make this purchase lightly,
but I figured, with all the recipes I wanted to try, 
it seemed likely I would get a good amount of use from it.
I think I was right.
Already, in the past week I've made these:

Zucchini Manicotti

Chicken Carrot Noodle Soup

Bikini Bolgnese

So the Inspiralizer, as you might imagine, spiralizes vegetables.
You can see an example of that in the first picture - 
that's a whole zucchini, in one piece!
We could have played jump rope with it.  :)
I found out last year how hard it is to cut back on carbs,
but I've always liked using spaghetti squash as a substitute for pasta,
so when I saw something about spiralizing veggies,
I thought it might work well for me.
And it does!
I don't know why exactly, but I am loving this!
It makes the dishes more fun and interesting,
and I think that's half the battle.
Ham Casserole

I even made my own dish, which I don't often attempt...
I swapped out spiralized zucchini for pasta in one of my favorite recipes.
Still yummy!
And a lot more nutritious.
I haven't this much fun cooking since, well, probably never.  :)

No comments: