Saturday, March 10, 2012

Project 365/70





















Jed and I are both huge fans of a curriculum called Five in a Row. The basis is classic children's literature, with lesson plans written for social studies (culture, geography, history, etc.), language arts (vocabulary, story telling, literary devices, etc), science, math and art. The idea is that you read one of the books on their list each day for a week, and cover the lesson plans in one of the subjects each day.

Actually, the idea is that you'll pick one of the lesson plans in each subject, but being OCD like I am, I try to include them all, which makes for some long school days sometimes. However, they are totally worth it, to both of us, so we press on.

What I have not been factoring in is the preparation time. That's been a continual struggle, so I finally decided to get all the research and prep work done the weekend before.

Now you know what I've been doing all.day.long. But it was totally worth it, because now I am at least semi-literate in both World Wars. Quite an accomplishment for one Saturday, don't you think? :)

No comments: