Friday, January 27, 2012

Project 365/27














I am so excited about this sandwich!

While Mom and Dad were visiting over the holidays, a sweet friend of ours in Florida sent us a gift package full of gourmet English muffins. I never knew there was such a thing! So I decided to experiment with something I've been wanting to try: replicating an egg McMuffin.

I'm not much of an adventurer in the kitchen, however, and they didn't turn out very well. The tricky part is the egg. I think they're poached, so I tried heating a bit of water in a pan, putting my wide mouth canning jar funnel in the pan, and cracking the egg into it. The concept seemed pretty reasonable, but the execution was not.

Then I had a brainstorm - biscuit cutters! I bought a 3" cutter and tried it out this morning. Success! Now I'm off to the store to buy more biscuit cutters so I can make more than one egg McMuffin at a time. :)

No comments: