Thursday, August 25, 2011

101 Books on the Shelf

I never thought he would do it.

I thought Jed was out of his mind when he signed up to read 100 books this summer through our local library's summer reading program.

I thought it would be a snap to meet his goal when he came home from the library that first day and read 20 books.

I thought wrong. The rest of the reading was done a little at a time, with a huge push at the end.

I think next year I'll remind Jed to sign up for a more modest number of books. :)

So the library had a grand finale last week to the summer program, and Jed and Grace had a great time singing, making bubbles and taking a few swings at a pinata.

I think the end of the library summer reading program heralds the end of the summer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow...that's a lot of books!! Fantastic! And thanks for stopping by my blog!!