Monday, February 14, 2011

A Valentine's First



Our local homeschool group had a Valentine's Day party this afternoon - Jed's very first.

I loved celebrating Valentine's Day with my classmates in school. I loved the mailboxes we made each year, and I loved watching my friends stuff them with handmade Valentines, and, if I was lucky, maybe a sweet or two. And I loved the classroom parties afterwards.








However, I don't remember ever having party treats as beautiful and delectable as these! The moms really went all out to make things nice for the kids.









This was our contribution...not nearly as tantalizing, I'll admit, but considering I'm on Day 25 of a sugar fast, this seemed a sensible alternative. And the stickers are Valentine-y:

I'm Going Bananas For You
You're the Apple of My Eye
You're So Sweet Naturally
Orange You Glad You're My Valentine








It was so fun to see the mailboxes the kids made today, especially the girls' boxes. I love the lace and flowers and sparkly things.
















And then there's Jed's. Darth Maul makes for a rather interesting Valentine's mailbox, no? :)

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Wow, those are elegant treats, nothing like the ones I remember from my grade school days either. I like Jed's mailbox and am imagining valentines that say something like "Be my Valentine - or I'll zap you with my light saber!" ; 0