Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Flowers, Take Three


Chocolate is Tracy's go-to gift for me. I threw a wrench in his Valentine's Day plans by being on a sugar fast this year, so he resorted to Plan B - also a good choice. :)



I've been playing around with lighting a lot lately, and these three pictures are good examples of the huge difference it can make. I would love to know if there is a way to get crisp focus and bold colors in indoor lighting without a flash. Anyone?








I discovered a funny thing this morning when I was transferring the flowers to a different vase (more on that in a moment)...apparently I had only seen the back side of the arrangement last night, and I was delighted to discover pink roses and a bright red {something} this morning.

But the nicest thing about this gift isn't the flowers.

I've done business with our local florist a few times, so when my husband called her to place this order (which might be a first for him!), she knew who he was before he even told her. He was quite taken aback (which might be another first for him!) and asked how she knew, to which she replied, "One, it's your accent; two, I know your wife; and three, it's a small town." :) She told him she knows what I like (bright colors) and he left the choice of flowers to her discretion. I was delighted with the outcome.

However, when Tracy asked me if I liked the vase, I hesitated a moment before saying "yeah" in a rather vague way. Normally he would accept that at face value and move on with his life, but this time he asked again, "Do you really like it, or are you just saying that?" I confessed that I didn't care for it very much.

Much to my amazement, he said he didn't think I would.

Apparently he had mentioned this to the florist when he picked up the arrangement, because he told me she had told him I would.

The gift?

My husband knows me. That might seem like a small thing, but it's not to me. I love it. And that will last way longer than the flowers.

1 comment:

Azlina Abdul said...

Awwwwww....that is so sweet! Yes, I think that's the best gift! So happy for you!!