Sunday, October 06, 2013

October 4, 2013 - Part 2

We did a social studies field trip today and visited significant places around town.  Our stop at the fire station turned into a tour, and it was completely awesome.  Firefighter Mick couldn't have been nicer, and Jed's ready to sign up.  :)




I hate this turned out blurry, because it was such a cute shot.  Something was going on with the camera; it wouldn't take a picture unless I turned it off and back on, so I thought the battery was dying and I didn't take time to focus when I was afraid of losing the shot altogether.  But then the camera was fine so I suppose it was user error.  :)

Our tour ended when Mr. Mick got a call.  The firefighters in Augusta are EMTs as well, and they rotate between fire and ambulance duty.  It was ambulance duty for him today.

 The view of downtown Augusta that greets the firefighters as they pull away from the station.


No comments: