Thursday, August 22, 2013

August 17, 2013


Today was really pleasant.  I started it by running errands - 8 of them! - and getting back home before Tracy and Jed were even really awake.  :)  I love Saturday morning errands.  One of my stops was at a nursery to get flowers to replace the ones I planted at the beginning of summer...they didn't make it, unfortunately.  No one has ever accused me of having a green thumb.

After lunch Tracy took Jed to a bluegrass festival in nearby Palermo.  I'm not a huge fan of bluegrass, but I am a huge fan of peace and quiet and I took advantage of the rare opportunity to enjoy it at home alone. 

Jed had great fun with this game - rubber ducky races using old-fashioned water pumps.


Of course, this was Jed's favorite activity - ice-cream eating. :)

Apparently bobbing for apples was on the schedule for today's games and Jed was disappointed to find that it wasn't happening at the festival after all, so we picked some apples and set up our own bobbing station.  I was the first to get an apple but thankfully there is no photographic evidence of that feat.  haha


See why I'm thankful?!

No comments: