Tuesday, January 21, 2014

December 27, 2013

I love this picture of Jenn reading to Dyce.  The book was a gift from Uncle Jed to his favorite nephew.  :)

While Jenn read to Dyce, I read to Decker the book we had gotten for her.  She was quite taken with the mirror.  Look at that chubby little hand on mine!  :)

We waited for it to warm up a bit in the afternoon and then we headed out to Wrightsville Beach.  It was the first time I've been there since we moved, and I was surprised to see it took us less than 10 minutes to get there. Decker was snug cuddled up with Jenn.

 Dyce, on the other hand, threw caution - and his shoes - to the wind.  

 Don't you just love that tongue sticking out?  Builds a better sand castle, don't you know.  :)

If I had been watching Dyce instead of taking pictures, I would have seen the disaster coming his way.

How did I not see this wave coming towards him?!

Don't let Dyce's bare feet fool you - it really was not swimming weather, even in coastal North Carolina!  He took it like a trooper, though.  That boy is tough - Maine tough.  Too bad we couldn't get his parents to move there - he would have fit right in.  :)

No comments: